December in Missoula means a plethora of winter festivities.
Tour of Trees – November 29th 2pm-7pm and November 30th 11:30am to 4pm
The Tour of Trees is an annual event held at the Holiday Inn Missoula Downtown. This Public event showcases the trees and shares the spirit with our community.
Boogie Wonderland – November 29th 7pm – 12am
Boogie Wonderland is a festive holiday dance with music, affordable tickets and cocktails featuring live music by The Cold Hard Cash Show. The event will be held at Monk’s Bar in downtown Missoula with tickets at $15 per person.
Miracle on 34th Street – November 30th, December 1-2, 5-9 at 8pm
A musical adaptation of the of the popular holiday favorite performed by the Missoula Community Theatre.
2012 Parade of Lights – December 1st
During the 10th Annual Parade of lights there are numerous children’s activities and projects, the arrival of Santa at the Florence building and the Parade of Lights with the lighting of the Downtown Christmas tree at the Red XXXX’s on North Higgins Avenue. Below is the complete schedule of activities.[list style=”star”]
- Teddy Bear Tea – Holiday Inn Downtown at the Park 9 & 11am $7
- Story and Craft Time – Missoula Public Library 11:30-4pm Free
- Drop-In Holiday Project – Missoula Art Museum 12-2:30pm Free
- Tour of the Trees – Holiday Downtown at the Park 12-3pm
- Family Holiday Movies – The Roxy Theatre 1-5pm Free
- Pinecone Holiday Trees – Walking Stick Toys 1-5pm Free
- Holiday Decoration and Ornament Craft Project – Families First Children’s Museum 1-5pm Free
- Carriage Rides – Higgins and Pine 1-5pm Free
- Pony Rides with Dunrovin Ranch – Big Dipper 1-5pm Free
- Photos & Caroling with Santa – Florence Building 1-5pm
- Orna-deMentia Workshop by Michael deMeng – Zootown Arts Community Center 1-5pm Free
- Cookie Decorating – Bernices’s Bakery 1-5pm First cookie is free.
- Festive Ice Skating Pom Poms – Loopy Knit and Crochet 1-3pm Free
- Ornament Making – Noteworthy Paper & Press 1-3pm $3
- S’more Making – Carousel for Missoula 2-5pm Free
- Felt Creatures – Selvedge Studio 3-5pm $5
- Santa’s Cookie Plate Workshop – Betty’s Divine 3-5pm $10
Holiday Pops – December 1st at 7:30pm
The annual Holiday Pops concert is performed by the Missoula Symphony at the University Theatre. It is a sleighful of music sure to get the audience in the holiday spirit. The event is perfect for all ages, even Santa will be there.